With more than twenty-five years of experience, Sonnenfeld & Richman LLP's matrimonial and family law practice has gained a reputation for its proven ability to successfully handle a full range of domestic relations issues. As a result of our history of success in the field, we have been repeatedly sought after to handle the most sensitive and complex matters.
We strive for amicable, non-litigated resolutions, and remain focused on the individual needs of our clients at all times. If a positive resolution for our clients cannot be achieved through negotiation, our attorneys are experienced, aggressive litigators with an established track record of success in handling all matters, from contentious and complex custody matters to the most sophisticated financial matters to multi-state, multi-jurisdictional issues.
We are proud to have successfully negotiated numerous issues and cases to favorable conclusions for our clients before trial, and have litigated favorable results for our clients at both the trial and appellate level. Our successful litigations include one of the first cases tried in the State of New York and throughout the appellate courts wherein our client was awarded 100% of the marital assets. We have since litigated additional cases with similar favorable results for our clients.
Our range of services includes:
- Negotiation and preparation of premarital, marital, separation and other matrimonial agreements.
Handling all aspects of divorce and separation proceedings.
- Equitable distribution
- Valuing professional licenses, degrees, and professional practices
- Valuing interests in partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations, s-corporations, privately held companies, family-owned businesses, etc.
- Tracing and reconstructing complex financial dealings
- Discovery disputes
- Counsel and expert fee awards
- Custody and visitation
- Grandparents' rights and visitation matters.
- Enforcement and modification proceedings.